fff

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February the 14th....and the 15th.

Yesterday was  February the 14th....Do you know what that means?! HUH?!!? DO YA!? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YESTERDAY WAS?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? Yes. You guessed it. Yesterday was Arizona's 100th birthday! That's right everybody. The wonderful state of Arimazonica was "born" 100 years ago yesterday. Let me tell you how glad I am. For nearly 12 of those 100 years, I lived there. For all you math kids out there...12% of Arizona's life I, Carlie Dalene Hansen, inhabited that wonderful place. There's nothing quite like the feeling you get in Arizona when you walk out of a cold room and into the warmth. For the English majors...It's like someone just attacked you with an electric snuggie. Then you get into your car and it feels like you've been dropped into a volcano. There's nothing quite like it. I'm proud to be an Arizonimerican. Where at least I know I'm frreeeeeee.



You want to know what else is really exciting about Arizona?! The fact that there is a temple being built in Gilbert right now. You can see it from my high school! A friend posted this picture yesterday....I CAN'T WAIT!




Well kids. It's been real.

Oh. And yesterday was also Valentine's day.... and I was as single as ever. Like if I got any more single, I'd be twins. That doesn't make sense. Ok. ROCK ON. This year Valentine's day meant one thing for me.....SUGAR. My dad and I have been going without sugar/desserts since January 1st but we decided that one day a month can be a "free day." So naturally, I chose yesterday as my free day. I ate some very delicious Graham Canyon ice cream. I felt so sick afterwards but it was totally worth it :) MAJOR sugar rush. Phew. Last night as my roommates and I were just hanging around the apartment we heard a guitar playing outside our door. We opened the door to find Brigham and Sascha serenading us! Made my day!!


Sorry it's sideways. 

A little while ago, Aubrie called and asked me to sing with her at her Young Women's New Beginnings activity tonight. They themed the whole night on the movie Tangled. Aubrie and I sang "I See the Light," but we changed the words to "I Shine the Light." Afterwards we all got to go outside and light the floating lanterns just like the movie. SO STINKIN COOL. 




That's all for now, folks. 

Have a good Wednesday night, you 9 people that follow my blog. 

3 comments:

  1. Arizonimerica misses you! We're glad you are having such fun experiences! Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally laughed so hard I wet my pants. You are one talented blogger...I was thinking...would you like to be a "guest" blogger on my blog? I think it would be fun! You could write about whatever. We could call it "Carlie's Corner" or something. Sleep on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to sleep on it. I accept. Also, you're in your twenties and married. You should not be peeing your pants. Control yourself, Mrs. Butler. Loves, hugs, and checkered rugs :)

      Delete