fff

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feelin fly, like it's Quidditch.

Bloggers of the Muggle world,

I have some very exciting news. VERY exciting news. You may need to sit down...and put a seat belt on....and a life jacket...and have a paper bag ready in case of hyperventilation. It's THAT exciting.

Today I came home from a long day of work and classes to find a letter sitting on my desk. It looked like any other letter...but was it?? NO. Obviously not, or I wouldn't be posting about it. Actually, I would probably still post about it. 

So here's the play by play. 

I opened the big envelope.
Inside was a smaller envelope....
the front of it looked like this.

 

Then I started to cry. 

Notice the stamp in the upper right hand corner? It says Ministry of Magic Dead Letter Office. MINISTRY OF MAGIC, PEOPLE! THE MINISTRY OF STINKING MAGIC!!!!!!! 

Then I turned over the envelope to find this. 


At this point I had probably peed my pants....twice. The beautiful Hogwarts seal nearly made me go into a coma. I couldn't bring myself to break the seal so I VERY carefully cut open the top of the precious envelope.

....5 minutes later.....

Inside I found the 2 most beautiful pieces of paper I had ever seen. 
The first looked like this.... My acceptance letter to Hogwarts.

And the second looked like this....the list of supplies I would need :)

That's right! THAT'S RIGHT! HOGWARTS, BABY! As much as I have enjoyed my time here at BYU, the time has apparently come for me to move on to bigger and better things. I will be wholeheartedly accepting this call to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Term begins on September 1st and I can hardly wait. I know that most witches and wizards receive their Hogwarts acceptance letter on their 11th birthday.... obviously there must have been a glitch in the Owl Post system or something. I don't care how late this letter is though cause I AM GOING TO HOGWARTS!!! The Wizarding World is always in need of powerful witches and wizards and I think I have what it takes! Not to mention the fact that I am a most excellent Quidditch player. I'll admit that I am a little nervous about being a 19 year old first year.... but I have a feeling that I will be a part of the Hufflepuff house, and from what I hear they are very warm and welcoming. Well, I don't have much time to write more. It's off to Diagon Alley for me to get my supplies!

One last thing....You muggles aren't exactly supposed to know about Hogwarts. I hate to do this to you, but the Wizarding World must be kept secret. For your own protection.

OBLIVIATE! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused. How did the letter get to you with our home address on the front? Regardless, congratulations, I always knew you had a bit of magic in you.

    ReplyDelete