fff

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Weekend of ALL Weekends.

Ready to hear about the weekend of all weekends? Here it goes.

A big thanks to Madison Webber for the pictures :)

Well I guess technically this isn't all part of the weekend, but on Wednesday the cousins picked me up and we drove out to Centerville to see Daniel open his mission call. It was so fun to see my cousins, aunts and uncles, and Grandma Wray. He's going to Independence, Missouri! The same mission my Grandma went to. I'm so excited for him! This kid and I have grown up together (see picture for proof) and it has been so fun being here at BYU with him. Go Daniel!

Thursday was a big day. THE HUNGER GAMES PREMIER!!!! It started at 7:30ish. All the roommies (minus April who was saving spots in line...that's my girl) went to Cafe Rio to make sure we weren't HUNGRY. Get it? Like Hunger Games? Right. So we met up with April Joy Joy and had lots of fun waiting outside. 

We ate... 

We flashed this sign at anyone and everyone....

We attempted to take a group nap and have everyone lay on someone else's stomach but it took FOREVER with all the laughing and readjusting....


We pretended to be Katniss Everdeen....


We made new friends with people in line and took P80 pictures....



THEN, they let us in the theater. We got the perfect seats (according to the film experts). 3rd row from the top in the middle. Wassup. We took naps, explored, and played "Marry, Date, or Dump." Hahahahaha 



So, THE MOVIE. In the beginning I felt like I was having a seizure of sorts...partly because the camera was kind of all over the place but also because I was so excited. Every character was cast so perfectly. The movie followed the book surprisingly well. I LOVED IT. LOOOOVVVVEEDDD IT. 2 words: CAVE SCENE. Also...PEETA MELLARK. Let's just say Josh Hutcherson is no longer the Firehouse Dog boy, if you know what I mean ;) Haha jokes. Kind of. One more thing...the part where the mutant dogs pop out of the woods? Holy cow. I practically flung myself onto my roommate.Ok, not practically. I did fling myself onto my roommate. That was terrifying. I want to go see it again. and again. and again. and again. and again. and again. and maybe one more time after that. May the odds be ever in your favor. After the movie, the crazy roommates (Madi, Nadine, April, and Bryant) decided to stay out super late and go to IHOP. Rose, Megan, and myself (the wise roommates) decided to go home because we had school stuff the next day and we always put our studies first (my mom reads this blog).Before going to bed though, we reenacted a movie trailer that we saw before the Hunger Games. The new Twilight movie. Rose Carter deserves an Oscar for this. Clearly, Rose would have made a better Bella....and I probably would have made a better deer than the one they used. Just throwin that out there.

On Friday night we had a little basement party with the girls of P81. We ate pancakes, built a fort, watched a movie, and attempted to blow glowing bubbles. I love those girls! 

After the party, the Mad Dog and I picked up B-Boy (the newest addition to the P80X clan) and made a little trip to WinCo. That place is open 24 hours and always makes for a fun time when you go late at night when NO ONE else is there. It was Bryant's first time there at the Disneyland of grocery stores. I'm glad we could experience it with him. Pretty big deal. 

Saturday, Bryant came over and persuaded all of us (minus Nadine who was working) to go to the Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork. Despite having to park in a foreign country and trek to the temple, it was SO FUN. All the freaks come out at those types of things. Seriously. Crazy people. We didn't even buy any powder to throw...we just pushed ourselves through crowds and people would so kindly shove powder in our faces and pat it into our hair. April even crowd surfed! We danced to the Hare Krishna song, talked in accents the whole time. and jammed to One Direction on the way home.We got CAKED in the powder. It was so fun!! I love these people. Lots. 

 

                                                                                        

  
 
After attempting to scrub ourselves clean, we had cleaning checks back at P80. Woot. We had planned on having a murder mystery party that night but we were all so exhausted that we just sprawled out in the kitchen and shared fun facts about ourselves. Rapid fire style. True roommate bonding right there. 

Sunday was great, as always, when you're in the 51st ward. I am going to be a mess when I have to say goodbye to all these people in a month. I don't want to think about it. That night, the roommies, and even some non-roommies, skyped with my parents. Hahaha I wanted to take them around on my computer to everyone I know! They're characters. 

 

Oh. And Madi discovered that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened.


So you see...my weekend WAS great. Here's to a week of no tests or papers! This weekend should be just as good....

Come listen to a living prophet


Check it out! 

Until next time :) 




2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS ^^^

    But the video link says unavailable :( I wanted to see you be a deer one... last... time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All but FIVE of those pictures are mine lil missy. You need a camera:)

    ReplyDelete