fff

Friday, July 20, 2012

Universal Studiozzzzzzz

So...this post might just be the longest one yet. You want to know why? BECAUSE UNIVERSAL STUDIOS IS NOW HOME TO THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER.

So. SO SO COOL.

We decided to go to the Marvel part of the park first. Our very first ride of the day was the Hulk. Ahhh. So good. We rode it twice with no wait.




Up until a couple years ago I was terrified of roller coasters. Now? I CAN'T GET ENOUGH. 

The Spiderman ride was awesome! 


Had to take a picture with Captain America. Love him.


Next we went to the place where the majority of my nightmares take place...Jurassic Park land. I don't know what it is...I really don't. I just don't like dinosaurs. I'm learning more though that I just get scared very easily. I think I'm also just scared of animatronics sometimes. Haha maybe I'll get over it someday. That day is not today.

Only the boys went on the Jurassic Park ride. They got soaked. Apparently there is a big T-Rex that comes out at you and some raptors and stuff. There was no way I was going on that. Even the herbivores freak me out. I was glad to get of there. 

Ethan feeding the dinosaur his turkey leg.
 

My face is pure terror. 






After that lovely experience we went to this little cartoon land and went on a water ride. The others got soaked, but I wore my princess poncho :)





We then went to a couple other places including Dr. Seuss land. 








Aubs took some pictures to send her future 1st graders that she'll be teaching this year :)


And we ate here.



Then we went to this place...



We saw this little stunt show thing called "Sinbad." Emphasis on the BAD. Lameeee.




Ethan found his souvenir here...a dagger. I just don't ask anymore...

Butlerz
 

Then it stated POURING. So we whipped out our winner ponchos :)



Now is the moment you've all been waiting for...or at least I was....

HARRY POTTER WORLD. 
This could get long. 

If you like Harry Potter, this. place. is. NUTS. 
We spent half our day at Universal in this part of the park. 

We took a picture with Hogwarts Express conductor :)

Then we went in Zonko's joke shop! My world was rocked. 


Then into Honeydukes! I can't get over this place.





Two words: BUTTER BEER. OH MY GOSH. SO GOOD. 
Little tip...if you ever go to Harry Potter World, make sure you purchase your butterbeer inside Hog's Head pub because the lines are so much shorter plus you get the whole experience! 








Ahhh. Take me back there! Hog's Head is connected to the 3 Broomsticks :)


So...Harry Potter World has 3 rides.
1. The Dragon Challenge 


So this is a roller coaster based off of the Goblet of Fire. AHHH. The walk up to the ride was just as good as the ride itself! You get to see Hagrid's house...


The Weasley's car...


The cup where wizards enter their names..


And the Goblet of Fire! 

Then you get to pick which dragon you want to ride...Blue or red. We rode the coaster 4 times so we got to experience both :) Red is better. 
Also, right when you're about to board the ride, you look up and there is a dragon's silhouette crashing onto the ceiling. AHH. Too great.  

2. Flight of the Hipogriff
The line for this was super long so we didn't ride but basically it is just a little kid outdoor coaster but the front car is in the shape of a hipogriff. 

3. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Okay. I could probably talk FOREVER about this. 
This ride is inside of the castle so as part of the line to get to the ride you get to tour the castle! GAH!

Talking pictures that looked so real! 

 

Dumbledore's office. It's hard to see but he actually talks to you in there!


The herbology room!



The sorting hat!!


It was really dark in there so I didn't get all the pictures I wanted to but they also had the mirror of Erised, the Gryffindor common room, you name it. One of the coolest parts was this room where they project Harry, Hermoine, and Ron are there talking you but it looks so real! At one part Ron says a spell and it starts to snow (foam) in the room! I'm still not over it. 

The ride itself. Holy smokes. I was expecting a easygoing ride....Uh. No. 
It starts with you being chased by the dragon in the 4th movie. For some of the ride you're watching a screen with this being projected in front of you and then BAM! You flip around and the dragon is right there in front of you. I almost peed my pants. Multiple times.
Then once you defeat the dragon you face the spiders! Ahhhh. There a smaller ones everywhere and the you flip around again and BAM! Aragog the big nasty spider is right in your face and he sprays something at you. 
Just when you think you've had the worst of it, BAM! The dementors come out of nowhere! And you feel like they're sucking at you and everything. Then you end with a little quidditch. 
My heart is beating fast just thinking about this ride. Afterwards my brother said, "You would go on that but not Jurassic Park?!" It was pretty scary! And you moved around so much that my phone even fell out of my pocket on the ride! Luckily I got it caught it before the dementors did. 
PHEW. 

Okay then we went through all the shops :)
I had to get all my supplies since I start school there in the fall. I got the acceptance letter, remember?












"I'm a Hufflepuff!"


We even met a Hogwarts student and some of the students from the other wizarding schools. 


There was also an Owl Post and you could look up and see different fake owls that moved around!

Moaning Myrtle? Yeah she talks to you in the bathroom :)


One of the last, but coolest things we did there was meet Olivander!
You have to wait in a line to see him but it is so worth it. 
He took in about 20 of us into his shop and picked out 2 kids from the group. He handed them each a wand and had them "swish and flick" them. When they did, things in the room went wrong on the bookshelves. He then had  the two kids switch wands and when they used those wands the bookshelves went back and and the lights started to flicker and wind started to blow just like the movie! Ahhhh. 
When he was done with the little presentation Aaron said "Thank you!" Olivander was surprised and said that most people don't thank him. Everyone else then left the room but we stayed inside talking to him. (It pays to say thank you!) He invited us to take a picture with him!
Then he handed Ethan a wand and told him to try it. When he did, flowers in the corner of the room wilted. Then he asked Ethan when his birthday was. When Ethan told him it was in September, Olivander handed him an ivy wand. When Ethan flicked it the flowers came back to life!



Wow. WHAT A DAY.
Easily one of the coolest places I've ever been. 

We ended the day by forcing mom to ride the Hulk.
She screamed the entire ride. 
Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment